- Rania Svoronou, IBM Design Principal/Executive Design Director at IBM Consulting: Making the Human Side of Technology, …Human!
- National Hellenic Society’s Heritage Weekend: Celebrating Hellenism and Uniting Philhellenes
- The Hellenic Initiative to Honor Dr. Albert Bourla at 10th Anniversary Gala
- Avra Estiatorio Breezes in to a New Hot Spot in Miami, 150 Feet from the Ocean!
- Giorgos Sakellaropoulos: the Award – Winning farmer from Sparta
Evripides Kontos in Memoriam
by Philip Christopher
The Greek Cypriot community mourns the passing of Evripides (Evris) Kontos who died on May 20, 2020 at the age of 90. On behalf of all our organizations, friends and supporters, we convey our deepest sympathies to his wonderful wife Evangelia and his children and grandchildren.
During the past 46 years that I have been in the forefront of the struggle of the Cypriot people for Freedom and Justice, perhaps the greatest tragedy is mourning leaders of our community that never realized their dream of returning to their ancestral homes. Many men are successful but very few for the right reason.
Evris strived to build a successful company so he can help the cause of the Cypriot people for Freedom and Justice. For decades, Evris contributed and shared in our lobbying efforts and contributed to our political fundraisers. His singular motivation was to bring attention to the plight of the 200,000 Greek Cypriot refugees and the continued illegal occupation of 36% of the territory of the Republic of Cyprus.
When you remember life’s important moments, Evris a successful businessman, who lived the American dream, we will remember that he died with a broken heart. His fighting spirit will always be with us and he now joins our other Greek Cypriot community leaders in Heaven – Nikos Mouyiaris, Tom Kyrus, Dr. Christopher Christodoulou, Harry Theofanous, Aris Demetriou, James Oratis, James and Maria Varianides and so many others who died with the dream of seeing a free and united Cyprus.
May his memory be eternal.
Philip Christopher is president of the Coordinated Committee Justice for Cyprus (PSEKA).