- George Petrocheilos Spins Catalio Capital Management into Biotech Breakthroughs
- Congressman John Sarbanes Pays Tribute To Senator Paul Sarbanes on the House Floor
- The FAITH Endowment Awards 130 Scholarships to Top Greek American Students
- Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois Foundation: Continuing the Legacy Celebrating 70-year commitment to education and Hellenism
- Move Over Rockefeller, Astoria Gets Its Star!
The NYC Rotary Club Honors Greek Independence
The event of the Rotary Club of New York for the Greek Independence Day, with speaker the Rector of the Ionion University, Professor Anastasia Salli Papasali and theme: “Glorious Greek spirit: A story of bravery and grace”, was a great success.
The event was held at the 3 West Club 5th Avenue and attracted over 100 attendees, Greeks and Americans, who were informed about the glorious Greek culture of over 3,000 years and that the Greek Revolution of 1821 became a symbol of liberation of spirit and independence of thought.
The event honored Archbishop Demetrios of America, Mr. Apostlolos Digbasanis from the office of Economic and Commercial Affairs of Greece, representatives from the General Consulates of Greece and Cyprus, the President of the Federation of Hellenic Societies of Greater New York Peter Galatoulas, Dr. Sonny Lee. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GAIDC – Great American International Development Corporation, and Mr. Kaan Soyak, Board Member and Co-Chair of the International Service Division of Rotary Club of New York .
The President of the Rotary Club of New York, Mr. Richard H. Martin, Director of Development at Ronald McDonald House thanked the Dr. Papasali for accepting the invitation and exchanged the banners of the two Clubs (New York Rotary Club and the Rotary Club of Corfu, Greece).
The Chairman of the event and head of the Greek Department of the Club, Mr. Harris Pateroulakis referred to the excellent cooperation with the Rotary Club of Kerkyra and he said that more will be coming soon.