- Rania Svoronou, IBM Design Principal/Executive Design Director at IBM Consulting: Making the Human Side of Technology, …Human!
- National Hellenic Society’s Heritage Weekend: Celebrating Hellenism and Uniting Philhellenes
- The Hellenic Initiative to Honor Dr. Albert Bourla at 10th Anniversary Gala
- Avra Estiatorio Breezes in to a New Hot Spot in Miami, 150 Feet from the Ocean!
- Giorgos Sakellaropoulos: the Award – Winning farmer from Sparta
Angelo Tsakopoulos: “Hillary will run in 2016!”
Greek American billionaire and Democratic Party major donor Angelo Tsakopoulos expressed his belief that Hillary Clinton will run for President in 2016 and she will win!
In an interview with NEO magazine at the closing Gala for the Leadership 100 annual convention, held last Saturday, February 9, in Laguna Niguel, California, and speaking on the record, Mr. Tsakopoulos, a close friend and top political donor to the Clintons, said repeatedly that “she (Hillary) will run. She will run, she will be the next president of the United States …I believe 100% she will run!” Asked if that’s what she told him or if it’s just his impression, “I talked to her husband,” he said.
Eleni Tsakopoulos-Kounalakis, Angelo’s daughter, who serves as the U.S. Ambassador to Hungary and she was sworn into office by then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, raised more than $1 million for Hillary in previous elections.
According to The Greek Reporter, an online Greek American newspaper that first ran Mr. Tsakopoulos’ comments on Hillary’s 2016 plans, her office did not respond on the matter.
Mr. Tsakopoulos’ remarks to NEO magazine ran contrary to what Mrs. Clinton said last week during a global town hall. According to CNN, asked by reporters if she is thinking of running for president in 2016, the former Secretary of State said that she is “not thinking about anything like that right now,”
Angelo Tsakopoulos was born in the small town of Rizes, prefecture of Arcadia, Greece. He came to the US at the age of 16 and after spending a few years in Chicago where he managed to own a shoe factory, he moved to California and became one of the most important land developers. He currently resides in Sacramento.