- Michael Bublé the Modern King of Contemporary Pop Music
- The Psaros Center for Financial Markets and Policy at Georgetown University
- The Cathedral School Makes A Comeback: An Interview with Principal Meropi Kyriacou
- On The Quay at Smyrna Ernest Hemingway and 1922
- From the Shores of the Aegean to the Edge of the Pacific
Cyprus Federation Promotes “Cultural Diplomacy”
The Federation of Cypriot American Organizations (FCAO) and leaders of the American Jewish Committee (AJC) Westchester/Fairfield attended a lunch hosted by the Consul General of Cyprus in New York, Mr. Alexis Phedonos.
On Tuesday, October 9, 2018, the President, Kyriacos Papastylianou and the Executive Vice President, Nicos Paphitis, along with the President of PSEKA, Philip Christopher and Secretary of the Cyprus-US Chamber of Commerce, Maria Pappas met with the AJC delegation led by the Chairperson of the Cyprus Relations Team, Mona Abramson.
The initiative aims to promote cultural cooperation among the two communities through various events and activities. “Cultural interaction, promoting and reinforcing the differences and the similarities between the two countries, is our way of diplomacy,” highlighted Mr. Papastylianou.
The cultivation of the cooperation among the two communities commenced a year ago with prospects to grow and expand. The first joint cultural event between the Cypriot American Community and the AJC will take place on Thursday, December 6th, 2018, at the Pancyprian Center in Astoria.
The goal is to mark the beginning of a long-lasting relationship.