- STEFANIE G. ROUMELIOTES AND THE ART OF FUNDING AND PROMOTING POLITICAL CANDIDATES AND THE CAUSE OF WOMEN
- Calamos Investments Expands Chicago Presence with New Office at Fulton East in Fulton Market
- Academy Award Winner George Chakiris’ New Book “My West Side Story: A Memoir”
- 2021 FAITH Scholarship for Academic Excellence Application Now Available
- Venizelos Foundation USA Launched Operations
Cyprus Federation Promotes “Cultural Diplomacy”
The Federation of Cypriot American Organizations (FCAO) and leaders of the American Jewish Committee (AJC) Westchester/Fairfield attended a lunch hosted by the Consul General of Cyprus in New York, Mr. Alexis Phedonos.
On Tuesday, October 9, 2018, the President, Kyriacos Papastylianou and the Executive Vice President, Nicos Paphitis, along with the President of PSEKA, Philip Christopher and Secretary of the Cyprus-US Chamber of Commerce, Maria Pappas met with the AJC delegation led by the Chairperson of the Cyprus Relations Team, Mona Abramson.
The initiative aims to promote cultural cooperation among the two communities through various events and activities. “Cultural interaction, promoting and reinforcing the differences and the similarities between the two countries, is our way of diplomacy,” highlighted Mr. Papastylianou.
The cultivation of the cooperation among the two communities commenced a year ago with prospects to grow and expand. The first joint cultural event between the Cypriot American Community and the AJC will take place on Thursday, December 6th, 2018, at the Pancyprian Center in Astoria.
The goal is to mark the beginning of a long-lasting relationship.