- Ilias Katsos: the Colossus of …Georgitsi who Built the Colossi of New York
- Madeline Singas Confirmed to New York State Court of Appeals
- Tsakopoulos Hellenic Collection Fellows Researching Fascinating Greek American History
- “Eye Spy” a Moment: Inside the Lens of Photojournalist Tasos Katopodis
- AHEPA Celebrates 99th Anniversary and Greece’s Bicentennial with its Annual Convention in Athens
Manhasset, NY Hellenic Club Hosts IMF’ Thanos Catsambas
The Manhasset High School Hellenic Club hosted recently guest speaker, Dr. Thanos Catsambas, former alternate Executive Director of the IMF Board of Directors.
President, and co-founder, Evangelia Frankis, a junior in Manhasset High School, saw the need to understand the Greek economic crisis after her family visit to Greece this past summer.
“I felt an obligation to gain a deeper perspective into this issue”, Evangelia said. After contacting Dr. Thanos Catsambas, and inviting him to Manhasset H.S., he accepted. “We were very fortunate to have such an insightful and qualified presenter on this topic. Dr. Catsambas truly inspired me, as well as the audience in attendance. He was able to take a complicated situation and have us understand it,” said Frankis.
The Manhasset Hellenic Club aims to promote an understanding of the principles of the Hellenic culture to the community of Manhasset. These principles include a commitment to humanity, freedom and democracy.
Over 75 people were in attendance, including students, parents and Manhasset High School faculty.