- Michael Bublé the Modern King of Contemporary Pop Music
- The Psaros Center for Financial Markets and Policy at Georgetown University
- The Cathedral School Makes A Comeback: An Interview with Principal Meropi Kyriacou
- On The Quay at Smyrna Ernest Hemingway and 1922
- From the Shores of the Aegean to the Edge of the Pacific
George Bousis Chosen by Forbes 30 Under 30
George Bousis, 27, son of Eleni and Dimitris Bousis of Northbrook, Illinois, was chosen by Forbes 30 Under 30 2015, a select list of young entrepreneurs, “game changers, movers and shakers.” Forbes, the business magazine, screened 600 millennials in 20 fields by a panel of expert judges.
He was chosen in the consumer technology field that Forbes characterized as the most promising young entrepreneurs who set out “to mobilize your life, building companies focused on helping to manage the day with use of a smartphone.”
Bousis is Founder and CEO of Raise, which is credited with making the gift card mobile. Raise allows one to buy and sell gifts straight from one’s smart phone. One may buy a discounted gift card while checking out – either on line or online. The company has more than 100 employees and has attracted significant venture capital.
Eleni Bousis said her son’s dream has become a reality and praised him for being a role model of “faith, hope and hard work.”