- Secret Agent Evy Poumpouras: Brains, Beauty, and Brawn
- John Calamos, Sr.: “The outcome of the US election could have a big impact on the economy”
- Candidate for US Congress Natalia Linos: Her Campaign at the Corner of Science and Values
- PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation’s Annual Gala Goes Virtual: OVER 7,000 TUNE-IN TO CELEBRATE 2020 SCHOLARS
- AHEPA Gold Coast Chapter 456 Steps Up in Times of Crisis
George Bousis Chosen by Forbes 30 Under 30
George Bousis, 27, son of Eleni and Dimitris Bousis of Northbrook, Illinois, was chosen by Forbes 30 Under 30 2015, a select list of young entrepreneurs, “game changers, movers and shakers.” Forbes, the business magazine, screened 600 millennials in 20 fields by a panel of expert judges.
He was chosen in the consumer technology field that Forbes characterized as the most promising young entrepreneurs who set out “to mobilize your life, building companies focused on helping to manage the day with use of a smartphone.”
Bousis is Founder and CEO of Raise, which is credited with making the gift card mobile. Raise allows one to buy and sell gifts straight from one’s smart phone. One may buy a discounted gift card while checking out – either on line or online. The company has more than 100 employees and has attracted significant venture capital.
Eleni Bousis said her son’s dream has become a reality and praised him for being a role model of “faith, hope and hard work.”