- “JUST BECAUSE,” SAYS MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY ABOUT HIS NEW CHILDREN’S BOOK
- Septemvriana: A Night of Terror for Greeks in Constantinople
- THE DARK DAY OF THE DISTOMO MASSACRE BY THE NAZIS
- The Hellenic Initiative’s 11th Annual Gala to Honor Ted Leonsis
- Full Circle: Indie Film Reconnects a Filmmaker with His Former Teacher-Turned Screenwriter
AHI Announces Honorees for 40th Anniversary Awards Dinner
The American Hellenic Institute (AHI) will host its 40th Anniversary Hellenic Heritage Achievement and National Public Service Awards Dinner on March 14, 2015, 6 p.m., at The Capital Hilton, Washington, D.C. At the black tie affair AHI will honor:
- Gene T. Rossides, AHI Founder, with the first-ever “AHI Hellenic Heritage Lifetime Achievement Award;”
- Ted G. Spyropoulos (posthumously), Businessman, Philanthropist, and Champion of Hellenism;
- George Lois, Art Director, Designer, and Author;
- Aris Melissaratos, Businessman and Philanthropist; and
- Anthony Quinn (posthumously), on the 100th Anniversary of his birth, Accepted by his wife, Katherine Quinn.
Larry Michael, the “Voice of the Redskins” and previous AHI honoree, will be the evening’s emcee.
“We are excited about the unique program we have assembled for our annual awards dinner with the establishment of the AHI Lifetime Achievement Award and special presentation for Zorba the Greek,” AHI President Nick Larigakis said. “All of our honorees have excelled in their respective professions and have given so much back to the community. We invite the community to join us as we look forward to celebrating the achievements of our honorees.”
As part of the weekend’s festivities, major benefactors and supporters will receive an invitation to buffet dinner hosted at the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus, March 13. AHI will also host a breakfast and policy briefing on Saturday, March 14, at the Capital Hilton.
The American Hellenic Institute is a non-profit Greek American public policy center and think tank that works to strengthen relations between the United States and Greece and Cyprus, and within the Greek American community.
To find out more information, to become a sponsor, or to order tickets for the weekend’s events, their phone number is (202) 785-8430