- Mimi Denissi: Sharing Important History to Shape Our Future
- John Catsimatidis’ Book: How Far Do You Want to Go: Lessons from a Common-Sense Billionaire
- Sarah Baxter on the History of the “Elgin Marbles” and possibility of their return
- Unleashing Our Inner Green Goddess with Author and Naturopath Alexia Cabbadias
- AGONIZING PEACE by Jon Heymann
National Hellenic Society Hosts C. Dean Metropoulos
National Hellenic Society (NHS) Los Angeles members and guests enjoyed a private luncheon with M&A specialist & consumer brand visionary Dean Metropoulos who’s also a member and on the Advisory Board of the NHS. Dean discussed the two most recent acquisitions that he and his partners undertook: Hostess Brands and Pabst Brewing Company.
His experience in turning around and boosting the value of household consumer brand names is legendary for brands that include: Duncan Hines, Bumblebee Tuna, Chef Boyardee, Vlassic, Celeste, Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Pauls, Lender’s Bagels, Perrier Jouet & Mumms Champagnes, Gulden’s Mustard, Armour, Van De Kamp, Swanson, Hungry Man, Ghiradelli Chocolate and others.
Mr. Metropoulos reflected on his years of experience and shared personal stories with NHS LA members and guests. The event was hosted by NHS LA Co-Chair Greg Econn, Co-President and Managing Director of insurance specialist Venbrook Insurance Services. “Dean is not just an incredible businessman and brand visionary, he’s a proud Hellene that never forgot his heritage, roots and the importance of family,” Mr. Econn said. “Listening to Dean is inspirational and uplifting–an NHS member that personifies NHS’ vision, mission and incredible cadre of members.”