- STEFANIE G. ROUMELIOTES AND THE ART OF FUNDING AND PROMOTING POLITICAL CANDIDATES AND THE CAUSE OF WOMEN
- Calamos Investments Expands Chicago Presence with New Office at Fulton East in Fulton Market
- Academy Award Winner George Chakiris’ New Book “My West Side Story: A Memoir”
- 2021 FAITH Scholarship for Academic Excellence Application Now Available
- Venizelos Foundation USA Launched Operations
The Hellenic Medical Society Honors Mike Angeliades
The Hellenic Medical Society of New York held recently its 76th Annual Scholarship Gala “Celebrating Excellence in Science” at the NY Palace in NYC. Mike Angeliades, of M.A. Angeliades, Inc. Construction, was honored as the Distinguished Hellene of the Year, while Basil Rigas, MD, Chief of the Division of Cancer Prevention and of Gastroenterology and Professor of Medicine and of Pharmacological Sciences, was honored as the Distinguished Physician of the Year, and Michael Michelis, MD, Director of the Division of Nephrology and Clinical Professor of Medicine New York University School of Medicine was honored as the Distinguished Colleague of the Year.
Dr. Nicholas Mezitis, President of the Society along with Gala Chairs, Dr. Stella Lymberis and Mrs. Roula Lambrakis, also announced the establishment of the new “Excellence in Science” Program supporting St. Demetrios High School, the only Hellenic High School in the US, located in Astoria, NY.
The classy, black tie affair included many dignitaries among them the Consul General of Greece Mr. George Iliopoulos, past honorrees, Presidents and Chairs of Departments from around the NYC region.
Members and friends of the society were entertained with live music throughout the night by Apollo Orchestras with world-renown clarinetist Lefteris Bournias throughout the night with traditional Greek music as well as festive Christmas jazz favorites in the Villard Ballroom, a 19th Century Drawing Room in the heart of mid-town NYC.