- STEFANIE G. ROUMELIOTES AND THE ART OF FUNDING AND PROMOTING POLITICAL CANDIDATES AND THE CAUSE OF WOMEN
- Calamos Investments Expands Chicago Presence with New Office at Fulton East in Fulton Market
- Academy Award Winner George Chakiris’ New Book “My West Side Story: A Memoir”
- 2021 FAITH Scholarship for Academic Excellence Application Now Available
- Venizelos Foundation USA Launched Operations
Pan Arcadian Federation Holds Youth Mixer
An after Christmas, Arcadian Young Adult Holiday Mixer, was held recently at the Arcadian House of “Geros tou Morea” in Long Island City, New York, the first of its kind. It was co-hosted by “Geros tou Morea”, the founding chapter of the Pan Arcadian Federation and “Eparhia Kynourias”, which is based in Hicksville, Long Island.
The event was a big success with over 70 attending and it was held under the auspices of the Pan Arcadian Federation of America-Eastern District. The idea is to have more such events in the future in order to actively engage the youth and enhance communication and networking among its members.
The P.F.A was founded in New York in 1931, and is one of the leading Greek-American fraternal organizations aiming at the preservation of our rich heritage and the perpetuation of our Hellenic Culture and traditions. Currently, its national headquarters are in Elmhurst, Illinois.
In their brief remarks, Demetris Filios, President of “Geros tou Morea” and Past President of P.F.A., Nick Kontoleon, Governor of the Eastern District, and George Reveliotis, Esq., President of the P.F.A., who traveled all the way from Chicago, expressed their appreciation to the organizing committee, (especially Gloria Catsimalis, Demetris and Vassilis Valkanas, Eleni and Ioanna Catsimalis, George Stavropoulos and the ladies of “Geros tou Morea”) for the beautiful decorations, the lighting, the delicious food, and the wonderful music that filled the hall, creating