- Leadership 100 Chairman Argyris Vassiliou: Recruiting the Best and the Brightest
- The Hellenic Initiative Partners with Actors Nia Vardalos and John Stamos to Help Rebuild Greek Orphanage
- Wealth Management Strategies for 2019 – An Interview with John Calamos
- Chartering Classics One School at a Time – The Hellenic Classical Charter School Expands to Staten Island
- METAXA: the Original Greek Spirit – a Modern Classic!
The NYC Rotary Club Honors Greek Independence
The event of the Rotary Club of New York for the Greek Independence Day, with speaker the Rector of the Ionion University, Professor Anastasia Salli Papasali and theme: “Glorious Greek spirit: A story of bravery and grace”, was a great success.
The event was held at the 3 West Club 5th Avenue and attracted over 100 attendees, Greeks and Americans, who were informed about the glorious Greek culture of over 3,000 years and that the Greek Revolution of 1821 became a symbol of liberation of spirit and independence of thought.
The event honored Archbishop Demetrios of America, Mr. Apostlolos Digbasanis from the office of Economic and Commercial Affairs of Greece, representatives from the General Consulates of Greece and Cyprus, the President of the Federation of Hellenic Societies of Greater New York Peter Galatoulas, Dr. Sonny Lee. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GAIDC – Great American International Development Corporation, and Mr. Kaan Soyak, Board Member and Co-Chair of the International Service Division of Rotary Club of New York .
The President of the Rotary Club of New York, Mr. Richard H. Martin, Director of Development at Ronald McDonald House thanked the Dr. Papasali for accepting the invitation and exchanged the banners of the two Clubs (New York Rotary Club and the Rotary Club of Corfu, Greece).
The Chairman of the event and head of the Greek Department of the Club, Mr. Harris Pateroulakis referred to the excellent cooperation with the Rotary Club of Kerkyra and he said that more will be coming soon.