- George Petrocheilos Spins Catalio Capital Management into Biotech Breakthroughs
- Congressman John Sarbanes Pays Tribute To Senator Paul Sarbanes on the House Floor
- The FAITH Endowment Awards 130 Scholarships to Top Greek American Students
- Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois Foundation: Continuing the Legacy Celebrating 70-year commitment to education and Hellenism
- Move Over Rockefeller, Astoria Gets Its Star!
“And so it’s Christmas …”
It’s the time of the year when our readers express their support to this heroic project, well in its 13th year, by conveying their wishes to the community through its pages. Once more they are generous and we feel grateful for that. Despite the astronomical cost of producing a quality publication on a constant basis, we have managed with your help to make “the impossible possible”, as the famous Greek song says.
The struggle is to continue and so is our fundraising effort. This year we are producing two holiday issues, one for Christmas, this one that is, and one for New Year’s, like we used to do. So, those of you who forgot or didn’t have the time to respond to our appeal in this issue, you have the chance to make it up in the next one which will come out before New Year’s. You can also tell your friends to help, there are many choices and we’ll be more than happy to include you in our gloriously long list of supporters.
Having another issue to close in a very short period of time, I won’t keep you longer.
Merry Christmas to you and yours and thanks for the support, love and encouragement all these years. Together we established another tradition in the community, hosting many of the particular stories that constitute our shared history in this part of the world ….