- George Petrocheilos Spins Catalio Capital Management into Biotech Breakthroughs
- Congressman John Sarbanes Pays Tribute To Senator Paul Sarbanes on the House Floor
- The FAITH Endowment Awards 130 Scholarships to Top Greek American Students
- Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois Foundation: Continuing the Legacy Celebrating 70-year commitment to education and Hellenism
- Move Over Rockefeller, Astoria Gets Its Star!
Leadership 100 22nd Conference – Interview: Angelo Tsakopoulos
Interview by Demetrios Rhompotis
Your thoughts on this conference.
It’s always beautiful! It is our inheritance. This is Hellenism and Orthodoxy together! And of course, it’s important that we have so many young people here because they will carry the torch.
Your take on the situation in Greece.
First and foremost I’m very sad that things are difficult and beyond. However, I’m extremely hopeful because Greece is a great country, has great people. Her people are her real wealth. The people should believe in themselves and never put the head down, keep on going. And all the Diaspora should be helpful as much as we can. Greece will be fine!
What about the state of the American Economy.
It’s fine. The American economy had its slowdown, some of the big banks caused a lot of problems, but America has enormous amount of wealth, first and foremost its people, just like Greece. And secondly, we have a huge amount of natural resources. As they are predicting now, America will be energy sufficient within seven years. In addition, America produces enough food, not just for America, but for a big part of the rest of the world. America will be fine provided we don’t get involved in stupid wars like going into Iraq and Afghanistan and now threatening to go into Iran. We should stay away from land wars!
Will Hillary Clinton run in 2016?
Yes, she (Hillary) will run. She will run, she will be the next president of the United States. I believe 100% she will run!
Did you talk to her?
I talked to her husband!