- STEFANIE G. ROUMELIOTES AND THE ART OF FUNDING AND PROMOTING POLITICAL CANDIDATES AND THE CAUSE OF WOMEN
- Calamos Investments Expands Chicago Presence with New Office at Fulton East in Fulton Market
- Academy Award Winner George Chakiris’ New Book “My West Side Story: A Memoir”
- 2021 FAITH Scholarship for Academic Excellence Application Now Available
- Venizelos Foundation USA Launched Operations
A Different Kind of …Therapy from the Greek Doctors
The Hellenic Medical Society of NY organized their annual “Apokries with our Doctors” dance at the Archdiocesan Cathedral Hall. It was a festive opportunity to embrace Greek traditions prior to the Lenten season. Hellenic Medical Society President, Dr. George Liakeas enjoyed a masquerade evening organized by Chairs Dr. Stella Lymberis and Mrs. Roula Lambrakis and Board members Dr. Demetrios Karides and Dr. Mike Plakogiannis along with Consul General of Cyprus Mrs. And Mr. Vasilis Philippou.
Members and guests celebrated the Greek carnival season with friends and family with traditional foods from Bahari restaurant in Astoria, and live music and dancing by Apollo Orchestras and Lefteris Bournias along withThomas Vrettos, Mavrothi Kontanis, and Christoforos Ellis.
Donning feathers, moustaches, masks and costumes guests enjoyed traditional dances such as the Apokreatiko “Pos to triboun to Piperi” which along with the traditional sound of the klarino by virtuoso Lefteris Bournias helped create an authentic Greek Apokries celebration right in the center of Manhattan.