- Michael Bublé the Modern King of Contemporary Pop Music
- The Psaros Center for Financial Markets and Policy at Georgetown University
- The Cathedral School Makes A Comeback: An Interview with Principal Meropi Kyriacou
- On The Quay at Smyrna Ernest Hemingway and 1922
- From the Shores of the Aegean to the Edge of the Pacific
A Different Kind of …Therapy from the Greek Doctors
The Hellenic Medical Society of NY organized their annual “Apokries with our Doctors” dance at the Archdiocesan Cathedral Hall. It was a festive opportunity to embrace Greek traditions prior to the Lenten season. Hellenic Medical Society President, Dr. George Liakeas enjoyed a masquerade evening organized by Chairs Dr. Stella Lymberis and Mrs. Roula Lambrakis and Board members Dr. Demetrios Karides and Dr. Mike Plakogiannis along with Consul General of Cyprus Mrs. And Mr. Vasilis Philippou.
Members and guests celebrated the Greek carnival season with friends and family with traditional foods from Bahari restaurant in Astoria, and live music and dancing by Apollo Orchestras and Lefteris Bournias along withThomas Vrettos, Mavrothi Kontanis, and Christoforos Ellis.
Donning feathers, moustaches, masks and costumes guests enjoyed traditional dances such as the Apokreatiko “Pos to triboun to Piperi” which along with the traditional sound of the klarino by virtuoso Lefteris Bournias helped create an authentic Greek Apokries celebration right in the center of Manhattan.