- Leadership 100 Chairman Argyris Vassiliou: Recruiting the Best and the Brightest
- The Hellenic Initiative Partners with Actors Nia Vardalos and John Stamos to Help Rebuild Greek Orphanage
- Wealth Management Strategies for 2019 – An Interview with John Calamos
- Chartering Classics One School at a Time – The Hellenic Classical Charter School Expands to Staten Island
- METAXA: the Original Greek Spirit – a Modern Classic!
hellenes without borders
Rhodes Riches: An NGO Model for Greece
In the course of living and writing in Serbia, I had the great fortune...
- Posted September 13, 2014
My Favorite Greek Road Trips: Athens to Nauplion
When we lived in Athens several years ago, just before the cracks in the...
- Posted June 6, 2014
Unofficial Histories: 1821
This past weekend we celebrated our ancestors’ Revolution against the Ottoman Empire with a...
- Posted April 16, 2014
Skopje (FYROM) 2014
In choosing the title, “Skopje 2014,” I am referring not to the costly, kitsch...
- Posted February 16, 2014
Edifice Complex: Erdogan and Agia Sophia
Memo To: “Sultan“ Erdogan From: Emperor Justinian Subject: Agia Sophia YOU DIDN’T BUILD...
- Posted December 14, 2013
Rigas Pheraios: My Kind of Hero
I “met” him rather early in life, through his immortal words of the Thourios...
- Posted November 13, 2013
A Partisan Chat: Alexis Parnis
“You see, I still live like a partisan,” as he showed me his house...
- Posted October 10, 2013
Ghosts of Communist Greece in Serbia
In spite of a very different climate, in Serbia you are really never far...
- Posted September 7, 2013
Balkans: End of the First Balkan War
The Treaty of London, signed by the belligerents in May 1913, ended the First...
- Posted June 19, 2013
Coffee with the Serbian Ambassador to Greece
Greeks and Serbs have a special relationship. “We’re brothers,” goes the saying, but of...
- Posted May 2, 2013
Thrace always draws me, its beauty, mystery, and somehow its remoteness and foreignness from...
- Posted March 6, 2013
Ghosts of Smyrna in Izmir
There is something about travel to our lost homelands that creates spectral yearnings in...
- Posted January 10, 2013