- Leadership 100 Chairman Argyris Vassiliou: Recruiting the Best and the Brightest
- The Hellenic Initiative Partners with Actors Nia Vardalos and John Stamos to Help Rebuild Greek Orphanage
- Wealth Management Strategies for 2019 – An Interview with John Calamos
- Chartering Classics One School at a Time – The Hellenic Classical Charter School Expands to Staten Island
- METAXA: the Original Greek Spirit – a Modern Classic!
All posts by Dimitri C. Michalakis
We should be thankful?
We should be grateful. As we go to press the people of the Philippines are reeling from a super typhoon (super–the new word in our weather future) that has devastated the country and killed thousands. The people...
- Posted November 13, 2013
The global village
There are recent arrivals from Greece in a steady stream, and Greeks arriving from other parts of the world, but the last great Greek immigrant wave to the United States is more than fifty years old (America...
- Posted September 7, 2013
Greeks in Media
Since Greeks need to be heard on any subject (just sit across the table from them) and since they’ve done well in business and many other fields, you’d think they would get into the media big-time so...
- Posted June 19, 2013
Spring springs eternal
Mario Frangoulis says he sees himself as more than just a singer: “I see myself as an ‘ambassador’ for Greece and an ambassador for all that Greece stands for: great poetry and music, culture, an incredible language,...
- Posted May 2, 2013
From the Editor: You can go home again
Director Alexander Payne says he plans to go to Greece in June and perhaps stay there for a while to shoot some film, and hone his language skills, and reconnect with his heritage. (His family comes from...
- Posted March 6, 2013
From The Editor: WHY NOT?
New York has a checkered history of billionaires running for public office (most have flamed out) but Mike Bloomberg spectacularly succeeded (at least for two terms) and gave eternal hope to billionaires looking for any new challenge....
- Posted January 10, 2013