- George Papayannis Joins NYC’s Cathedral School and Makes It the School to Watch
- Sister Nektaria of Calcutta: The “Mother Teresa” of Orthodoxy
- Philip Christopher on the upcoming Hellenic Issues Conference and the East Mediterranean Partnership
- Economic Outlook, April 2019
- AHI Hosts Hellenic Heritage Achievement and National Public Service Awards Gala
All posts by Athena Efter
Takis Kastanis: Cracking the Yolks at Yolk
When dining out, whether it’s breakfast or brunch, eggs are always on the menu, and you can pretty much have them anyway you like them – scrambled, hard-boiled, poached, fried, sunny side up, or folded in an...
- Posted April 25, 2019
Chartering Classics One School at a Time – The Hellenic Classical Charter School Expands to Staten Island
It’s been two years since I last spoke with Joy Petrakos, Founding Director of Operations, about the success of the Brooklyn-based Hellenic Classical Charter School (HCCS) in Park Slope. I remember her great enthusiasm for the school...
- Posted January 2, 2019
Celebrating the Season with AHEPA’s Gold Coast Chapter
by Athena Efter Gold Coast Chapter 456 District 6 of the American Hellenic Education Progressive Association (AHEPA) is kicking off the season with its annual Christmas dinner and fundraiser. The gala will take place on Wednesday, December...
- Posted December 2, 2018
Firing up for Charity
The NYC Sergeants’ Benevolent Association (SBA), led by its President Edward Mullins, held a “Cigar Night” fundraiser at Katch, a local brewery, in Astoria, Queens. The event was spearheaded by Gus Tsiavos, a longtime friend and supporter...
- Posted December 14, 2017