- From Tosca to La Boheme to Madama Butterfly, Soprano Eleni Calenos Scales the Heights of the Opera Repertoire
- Pappas, Sarbanes, Bilirakis Introduce “OXI Day” Resolution
- Master Blender Nicholas Syris, Founder of LH Premium Cigars and Lounges: “The cigar is the great equalizer”!
- Hellenic Classical Charter School – Park Slope (HCCS-PS) recognized as National Blue Ribbon School
- Reigniting Hellenic Spirit: Kazantzakis Literary Symposium
Pascha, whether early or late in the year, also marks the beginning of spring: the rebirth of nature. Trees are budding, the grass becomes greener, days are longer, clothing becomes lighter – perhaps too light – and people are looking forward to summer. Otherwise deserted streets fill with smiling people and beautiful Korean girls are gleaming under the bright sun, walking with confidence and grace, balancing on one hand the dog’s leash – they are breeding them for next Easter – and the plastic bag with the dog poop on the other.
If you live in the northern hemisphere, that is, because in the south things are the opposite: Easter marks the beginning of …Fall, it doesn’t prepare you for …resurrection, it is the commencement of a series of cold months! Maybe they should reverse the holidays to apply to their respective seasons: for example, Christmas should be in July which roughly corresponds to our December and Pascha should be around November. This way there will be some kind of balance, equilibrium at least when it comes to holidays and it will contribute to making the gap between north and south smaller! It’s a start, isn’t it?
And with these …progressive thoughts I’m saying goodby this time, wishing everyone, even my enemies, especially those, because they offer me real life examples to …avoid, making me thus a better person, Happy Easter, with joy, love and beautiful moments to remember and laugh with later!
Not to forget, many and big thanks to our supporters who made the edition an astounding success! This project becomes bigger and better year by year as does our community!
P.S. A real comedian was elected president in the Ukraine! Great news, because fake comedians should not be presidents…