- George Papayannis Joins NYC’s Cathedral School and Makes It the School to Watch
- Sister Nektaria of Calcutta: The “Mother Teresa” of Orthodoxy
- Philip Christopher on the upcoming Hellenic Issues Conference and the East Mediterranean Partnership
- Economic Outlook, April 2019
- AHI Hosts Hellenic Heritage Achievement and National Public Service Awards Gala
Avra Madison & Chef Argiro Barbarigou Offer a New Take on a Time Honored Seasonal Dish
Greek eatery Avra Madison has teamed up with Celebrity Chef & Greece’s Best-Selling Cookbook Author Argiro Barbarigou to bring a LIMITED-EDITION traditional and time honored Greek dish to Manhattanites this Easter.
With the goal of modernizing the traditional Easter Lamb Fricassée, Barbarigou created a lighter alternative by switching out meat for an Alaskan Halibut. Additionally, instead of a traditional Avgolemono (Mediterranean egg-lemon sauce), she created a springtime broth by utilizing all parts of the fish as well as seasonal vegetables such as artichokes, lettuce, spring onions, carrots and lemon.
Available starting Easter Sunday (4/1) through Greek Easter (4/8) – the exclusive dish will be served with a complimentary glass of Assyrtiko, a Greek wine from Santorini perfectly paired with white fish and vegetables.
RESTAURANT: Avra Madison – Chef/Restaurateur Argiro Barbarigou & Executive Chef Fermin Chavez
DISH: Halibut Fricassée
INGREDIENTS: Alaskan Halibut, Fresh Artichokes, Lettuce, Carrots, Spring Onions, Dill, E.V.O Oil, Lemons
SPECIAL OFFERING: $50 – includes dish + complimentary glass of Assyrtiko wine (tasting notes: bone-dry, light bodied, mineral driven, citrus)