- Giannis Antetokounmpo: From the mean streets of Sepolia, Athens to the main courts of the NBA
- The American Hellenic Council Holds Annual Awards Gala
- Stepping into Sound with Oscar Nominated Mildred Iatrou Morgan
- FAITH Scholarship for Academic Excellence Application
- Short-sighted, corrupt or just plain stupid?
The “Greater Albania”, the Greater the Stupidity!
It’s especially disheartening when fascism and nationalism find ways to corrupt even sports! On the Soccer Zone USA page, along with the jerseys of the Albanian National Soccer Team that took part for the first time in the Eurocup, this June, the map of the “Greater Albania” with territories from Greece, Kossovo and FYROM appears on the top right side! It’s also sad that those who put that map there instead of celebrating their national team’s appearance in a major international soccer venue, they use it to promote irredentism, nationalism and ultimately fascism! I contacted the Soccer Zone USA page asking them to remove the nationalistic map. Please, do the same. I especially urged my Albanian friends to not only condemn this practice, but to be on alert so that the darkest elements in their midst do not highjack their country and their future. Smart people learn from other people’s mistakes. In this case they don’t need to look far, think what happened to Greece in 1922 and to Serbia in the ’90s….