- “Where Is the World?” Daphne Matziaraki’s 4.1 MILES: A Response to the Refugee Crisis
- George Grapsas of Tylikratis Soccer Club: Sporting Philanthropy
- Priebus, Gigicos and Bilirakis Receive Medal of St. Paul
- United We Stand: Pancretan Youth Association Winter 2017 Conference
- Hellenic Classical Charter School Sends Students to Greece for Educational Research Trip
More Good News for The Hellenic Classical Charter School!
The New York State Education Department Board of Regents voted this past January to approve another full term charter renewal for The Hellenic Classical Charter School in Brooklyn, NY. This is a time of celebration for students, parents, board members, administration, faculty and the institution’s extended community. The Hellenic Classical Charter School provides students in grades kindergarten through eight with a rigorous classical education that is rich in challenging content. The School instructs all students using the Core Knowledge curriculum and supplements all instruction with the classical study of the Greek and Latin languages, as well as history, art and other cultural studies. The school utilizes didactic instruction, coaching and Socratic questioning (Paideia). All students leave the school prepared intellectually, socially and emotionally to gain entry to and to succeed in the best high schools in New York City.
In the picture, from left to right are Nicholaos Leonardos, Treasurer of the Board, Joy Petrakos, Director of Operations, Christina Tettonis, Principal and Charles Capetanakis, Chairman of the Board right after the Board of Regents voting. For more information the school’s phone number is (718) 499-0957 and website hccs-nys.org