- Learning and Mentoring Never Stops with Educator Angelo Pappas
- “Cliffs of Freedom”: A Historical Drama Set in Greece, Blending Ageless Themes of Hope, Love and Sacrifice
- Alabama’s Alex Gulas: a Pioneer for Racial Justice
- Fordham Honors Solon P. Patterson and Marianna R. Patterson
- Dr. George Handjinicolaou HABA’s Executive of the Year 2019
Ophthalmic Society Honors Dr. Petros Konofaos
The American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery has presented its 2014 Lester Jones Surgical Anatomy Award to Dr. Petros Konofaos for his outstanding contributions to ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery. He is a plastic surgeon at UT Medical Group Inc. and an assistant professor at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC).
The award recognized Konofaos for his work as lead author and researcher on the paper, “Supratrochlear and Supraorbital Nerves: An Anatomical Study and Applications in the Head and Neck Area.” Published in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the paper explained how direct corneal neurotization, or nerve transfer, restores visual function and appearance in patients who have eyelid paralysis due to facial palsy.
UT Medical Group is a private group practice affiliated with the UTHSC College of Medicine faculty. A not-for-profit, non-tax-supported group practice, UTMG is dedicated to quality patient care, medical education, and medical research. For more information, their website is utmedicalgroup.com