- Nassau County DA Madeline Singas: “It’s Not About Being a Man or a Woman; It’s about the Work that You Do”
- Oscar-winning Director Louie Psihoyos: “I make films to change the world”
- Inaugural Fundraiser for the New York Chapter Heritage Greece a Great Success!
- The Ronald McDonald House New York Greek Division Celebrates 40 Years of Service
- Leadership 100 29th Conference to Convene in Palm Beach
Archangel Michael Girls Soccer Teams Wins “JOY” Olympics
Congratulations to the Archangel Michael Parish in Port Washington, NY, Girls (7-9 year old) Soccer Team for winning the gold medal at the “JOY” (Junior Orthodox Youth) Olympics this past weekend at Suffolk Community College. The girls played Port Jefferson, YKT and Zoodohos Peghe in the finals. A great time was had by all!
Top from left, Coaches-Spiros Maliagros, Dennis Matarangas and Michael Bapis.
Middle from left, Christina Kokis, Filitsa Vasiliades, Marina Tsimisiris, Mirianthe Tsismenakis, Paige Theodosopoulos and Ariana Matarangas.
Bottom from left, Alexandra Maliagros, Maria Bapis, Antonia Tsismenakis, Emily Theodosopoulos and missing from picture is Efthimia Kaparos.
The Hellenic Orthodox Primary Enrichment (“HOPE”) and the Junior Orthodox Youth (“JOY”) were created with the goal of gathering children and families in activities which promote Orthodox Christian fellowship. HOPE and JOY enrich the youth with monthly meetings that include religious and social activities, community service and Orthodox outreach trips in concert with other Church organizations.