- Leadership 100 Chairman Argyris Vassiliou: Recruiting the Best and the Brightest
- The Hellenic Initiative Partners with Actors Nia Vardalos and John Stamos to Help Rebuild Greek Orphanage
- Wealth Management Strategies for 2019 – An Interview with John Calamos
- Chartering Classics One School at a Time – The Hellenic Classical Charter School Expands to Staten Island
- METAXA: the Original Greek Spirit – a Modern Classic!
Leadership 100 22nd Conference – Interview: Angelo Tsakopoulos
Interview by Demetrios Rhompotis
Your thoughts on this conference.
It’s always beautiful! It is our inheritance. This is Hellenism and Orthodoxy together! And of course, it’s important that we have so many young people here because they will carry the torch.
Your take on the situation in Greece.
First and foremost I’m very sad that things are difficult and beyond. However, I’m extremely hopeful because Greece is a great country, has great people. Her people are her real wealth. The people should believe in themselves and never put the head down, keep on going. And all the Diaspora should be helpful as much as we can. Greece will be fine!
What about the state of the American Economy.
It’s fine. The American economy had its slowdown, some of the big banks caused a lot of problems, but America has enormous amount of wealth, first and foremost its people, just like Greece. And secondly, we have a huge amount of natural resources. As they are predicting now, America will be energy sufficient within seven years. In addition, America produces enough food, not just for America, but for a big part of the rest of the world. America will be fine provided we don’t get involved in stupid wars like going into Iraq and Afghanistan and now threatening to go into Iran. We should stay away from land wars!
Will Hillary Clinton run in 2016?
Yes, she (Hillary) will run. She will run, she will be the next president of the United States. I believe 100% she will run!
Did you talk to her?
I talked to her husband!